What is Express Entry?
Express Entry is a selection system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to select skilled individuals for permanent residency under different immigration streams.
How it works:
The candidate must create an Express Entry profile online. Your profile will be valid for one year from the date you enter the Express Entry pool. Once your profile has been selected, you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Selected candidates will have the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in Canada. The processing time is usually 6 months. If you do not receive an ITA within the year your profile is in the pool, you can resubmit your profile once again.
Candidates are selected based on their Comprehensive Ranking System score (CRS). Express entry draws are held multiple times per month.
You must meet the following minimum requirements in order to submit your profile in the pool:
- Have a minimum of one year of skilled work experience
- Obtain a minimum of 6 per category on your IELTS exam
- Settlement funds - this amount is based on the number of people in the application. See table.
|Number of family members||Funds required|
(In Canadian dollars)
|For each additional family member||$3,492|
Your score will be calculated according to the following criteria:
- Work Experience
- Language Skills (English/French)
Having Canadian work or school experience will enhance your profile.
How do I increase my CRS score?
There are different ways in which you can increase your CRS score.
- Increase your language skills in either French or English or both.
- Obtaining a validated job offer from a Canadian employer
- Canadian work experience
- Studying in Canada
- Provincial nomination
- Having family in Canada
You must certify your education in Canada by getting an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). Only recognized organizations can provide an ECA and must be listed on the IRCC website.
Note that if you have a spouse their education, work experience, age and language skills can help or hurt your application depending on their profile. The spouse with the strongest profile should be the main applicant in order to enhance your chances of being selected.
What can Gentium Immigration do for you?
- Create an immigration plan to allow you to build a strong profile for selection.
- Guide you in your language exam preparations (English/French)
- Prepare your educational credential assessment application with the chosen organization
- Create your Express Entry profile
- Submit your application once an ITA has been obtained
- Full representation with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Settlement services in your chosen province
Why do I need representation ?
Although legal representation is not required, having an immigration consultant handle your case can be beneficial in many ways. Submitting your application under Express entry can be complicated and lengthy. If a single mistake is made, the application is rejected and you will need to start again. If there is inaccurate information or missing information, it can be interpreted as misrepresentation and you could be banned from entering Canada for a period of 5 years. Gentium Immigration is here to make this process simple and stress-free for you and your family allowing you to focus on all the other aspects of your move to Canada.